We know just how important it is for your kids to be comfortable and well rested if you are going to undertake long journey’s, be it by plane, car, train. As the babies are likely to get asleep after a while in the journey, there are good chances that the shakes and bumps may cause severe pain in the neck. To ensure that doesn’t happen, you need to have something that’s soft, soothing and surrounding the neck. And that’s what exactly doing the best head pillow for toddler car seat.
How to choose a head pillow for toddler cat seat
When looking at buying a travel pillow, there are several things to take into account, namely shape, material and type of support.
1. Head pillow for kids shapes
Kids head pillows come in several shapes and sizes and choosing one or the other depends largely on the age of your child and the type of journey you have ahead, may it be by car, train or plane.
Kids neck pillows/neck rigs
The neck rings wrap around your child neck and support their head when they fall asleep, therefore preventing discomfort and potential strains on the neck. Many brands are not ideal to be used with a child’s car seat as they may not fit within the existing head support; Kids neck pillows work best in cars once a child has graduated to a booster.
2. Kids head pillow matetials
- Foam filled pillows may be too firm and bulky for smaller children, look for more flexible microbeads with younger kids.
- Check how breathable the material covering is and is it machine washable. Make sure that the external material is soft and there are no hard seams.
- Ensure that the material touching your child is hypoallergenic and suitable for children’s skin.
- Ensure that microbead pillows have an internal lining to prevent spillages in case of tears
- How light and flexible is the product to carry, can it slip on to your luggage?
3. Head pillow for kids size
Last but not least, take into account the size of your child vs the head pillow you are considering. If buying for a toddler, make sure you select a specific toddler head pillow rather than a generic kids one.
Don’t get tempted to get a bigger one thinking it will last them longer. The wrong type of neck pillow can push the child neck forward causing strain, especially if used while the child is in a car seat. Choosing the correct head pillow for toddler car seat for proper back posture is crucial.
Do not forget to consider these factors while making your next purchase of head pillow for toddler car seat .